- Utilities Department
- Water Restrictions
Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
Lawn Watering Schedule and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns & Plants
- New lawns and plants have a "30-30" establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Lawn watering is limited to twice-per-week schedule for potable (drinking water) and other water resources, regardless of the source such as wells, surface water, or reclaimed water.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.
City police and code enforcement officers will enforce the provisions of Ordinance 21-86, Water Shortage Emergency, within the municipal limits by issuing local citations and collecting fines in the same manner as local traffic infractions are enforced.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office will enforce the provisions of the ordinance within those areas of the city's utility service area that lie outside the municipal limits. A violation of the ordinance is a civil infraction and violators will be subject to the following penalties:
- First Violation - $25.00
- Second and subsequent violations. Fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00) and/or imprisonment in Polk County jail not to exceed sixty (60) days. Each day in violation of this section shall constitute a separate offense.