The Code Compliance Division is committed to improving the quality of life in Lake Wales through the administration and enforcement of laws that prohibit conditions hazardous to the health, safety and welfare of the community.
To provide an equitable, expeditious, effective and inexpensive method of enforcing any city code or ordinance where a violation exists and to ensure public health, safety and welfare insofar as they are affected by the continued occupancy and maintenance of structures and premises.
Some areas of responsibility are;
- High Grass, Weeds, Overgrowth
- Sanitation and Storage of Materials (Junk, Trash, and Debris)
- Garbage and Rubbish - Accumulation, Container Placement/Removal, and Commercial Enclosures
- Vehicles or Vessels (Abandoned, Derelict, Inoperable, Commercial Vehicles in a Residential Area)
- Substandard Housing
- Dangerous, Uninhabitable, Unsafe Structures
- Business Tax Receipts
- Working without Building Permit
- Sign Regulations
- Garage Sales