Friends of the Museum
Support your local museum and be a part of history.
The Friends of the Lake Wales Museum, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to provide financial support and promote the Lake Wales History Museum. The goal of the Friends of the Museum is raise funds and awareness to help the museum care for and share local history.
Learn about our goals for 2019-2020.
- Launch the Friends of the Museum
- Establish a membership program
- Establish an annual fundraising event to benefit museum projects
- Participate in the Pioneer Days Committee and volunteer at the event
- Work with the museum to establish a historic preservation plan for the museum buildings and site, in conjunction with the museum’s master planning process
In just 18 months since the Friends of the Lake Wales Museum was established in May of 2019, they have successfully launched, established a membership program, held a virtual fundraiser, and raised more than $20,000 to create the Mimi Hardman Collections and Research Center housed in the newly restored 1916 Seaboard Airline Freight Station.
Join the membership.
Membership contributions are a cornerstone of the Friends of the Museum’s support of the Lake Wales History Museum, and your donation makes a difference. Knowing you contributed to the preservation of the community’s history is rewarding in itself, however; you’ll also receive special benefits made available only to members. Members receive discounts on retail merchandise and educational programs, advance notice of special events, and invitations to Members-Only events. There’s a Membership Level that’s right for you, it’s tax deductible and affordable. Join Today!
Benefits for all member levels:
- Subscription to the Lake Wales History Museum newsletter
- 20% discount on retail merchandise in the Gift Shop
- Discounts on programs and event tickets
- Invitations to Member-Only events
- Time Travelers reciprocal membership – Free admission and discounts at more than 250 historical sites and museums in the US and 25 organizations in Florida
- Named listing in the annual report
FRIEND – $20.00
Basic membership benefits for one person
SUPPORTER – $50.00
Basic membership benefits for two people and children or grandchildren under the age of 18
BENEFACTOR – $100.00
SUPPORTER level benefits PLUS a complimentary copy of “Historic Lake Wales” book
SUSTAINER – $250.00
BENEFACTOR level benefits PLUS two complimentary tickets to the History Bus Tour
PIONEER – $500.00
SUSTAINER level benefits PLUS an invitation for two to the Director’s Annual Luncheon
PATRON – $1,000.00
PIONEER level benefits PLUS a private behind the scenes tour up to 15 guests with the Museum Curator
GOLD PIONEER – $2,500.00
PATRON level benefits PLUS use of the museum for a one-time private use for up to 50 guests
All memberships are valid for one year. Additional contributions to the Friends of the Museum or the Lake Wales History Museum are welcome and considered outside your membership fees. The Friends of the Museum, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to provide financial support and promote the Lake Wales History Museum.